12.20.2006

Fw: Holiday Do You Know Me...

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Egg nog bourbon punch. It packs a wallop and allows me to bear spending the holidays with entire family...

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Wrapped under the tree, as I have a tendency to peek.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I
Colored? Too retro. All white darling.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes. Picked up this tradition from T's family. Nothing like making out with him in front of 50 relatives at annual holiday fete to turn him bright red!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
If I have time, the first week or so of December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Tie: My mother's Spinach Madeline and my father's homemade gumbo.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
The year my father built me a dollhouse in the dining room. He wouldn't let me in there for a week while he put it all together.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I figured it out when I found my mum's holiday stash. I don't know--age 6 or 7?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Not normally. Maybe if with one portion of family that we won't get to see on Christmas day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Special ornaments we collect in our travels or from friends & family, with shiny red or gold balls to bring consistency.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Great for skiing; cruddy for getting to work. (I'm from the deep south people. 50 degrees is artic. We are not snow people...)

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but very poorly. Adds to my bruise collection.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Dollhouse and diamond necklace from T. from Tiffany's; any gift from my Mother--her gifts are always thoughtful and sentimental.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Quality family time. And drinking. Can't forget the drinking.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Bread pudding, but that's not exactly Christmassy...that's just the time of year when I usually break down and eat it.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Decorating the tree (esp. if with family and or friends); midnight church services.

17. What tops your tree?
A sterling silver cross...I broke my angel. Oops.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Giving. Hands down.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
"Baby It's Cold Outside."

20. Candy canes! Yuck or yum?
Love the soft candy canes--I think they are called "Bob's"--they have the lion on the container...

21. Favorite Christmas movie:
It's a Wonderful Life, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, White Christmas, Holiday Inn--the norms.

22. Favorite Christmas Cartoon:
A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph

*Thank you for the Christmas cheer Scarlet! Chicago, Illinois*

No comments: